As the governing body of the game, The Football Association (The FA) is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the game at every level. Football belongs to, and should be enjoyed by, anyone who wants to participate in it. The FA’s commitment is to eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or belief, ability or disability. The FA is also committed to promoting equality by treating people fairly and with respect, by recognising that inequalities may exist, by taking steps to address them and by providing access and opportunities for all members of the community.
Fleet Town Colts FC are fully committed to support The FA in its aims and endeavours to raise the standards of Grass Roots football and to make football an enjoyable and rewarding experience for all concerned. Football is a competitive sport and Fleet Town Colts FC believe that the game should be played in this competitive spirit – we play to win – but not at all costs and always within the laws and true spirit of the game.
- The aim of this policy is to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect and that Fleet Town Colts FC is equally accessible to them all.
- The Management Committee is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the club at every level. Football belongs to and should be enjoyed by, anyone who wants to participate in it.
- Our commitment is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or belief, ability or disability and to encourage equal opportunities.
- This policy is fully supported by the Club Officers who are responsible for the implementation of this policy. Fleet Town Colts FC, in all its activities will not discriminate, or in any way treat anyone less favourably, on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or belief, ability or disability. It means that Fleet Town Colts FC will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that it will provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities.
- Fleet Town Colts FC will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual, which for the purposes of this policy and the actions and sanction applicable is regarded as discrimination. This includes sexual or racially based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal.
- Fleet Town Colts FC will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
- Fleet Town Colts FC is committed to taking positive action where inequalities exist, and to the development of a programme of ongoing training and awareness-raising events and activities in order to promote the eradication of discrimination and promote equality in football.
- Fleet Town Colts FC is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all members and requires all members to abide and adhere to these policies and the requirements of the relevant equalities legislation – Race Relations Act 1976, Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and Disability Discrimination Act 1995 as well as any amendments to these acts and any new legislation.
- Fleet Town Colts FC commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims, when it is brought to its attention, of discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case, a requirement that the practice stop and sanctions imposed as appropriate.